The Hair Therapy Wrap applies gentle heat for up to 30 minutes, encouraging conditioner to penetrate the hair follicles. It helps activate treatments, hot oils, or re-constructors and can also help to control a dry, flaky scalp. You can use the Hair Therapy Wrap while bathing, relaxing, or around the house.
PRICE INCREASE DUE TO NEW MANUFACTURER:
- Place a gel pack in each pocket of the Hair Therapy Wrap.
- There are 2 rounded side gel packs and 1 middle gel pack.
- Make sure that gel packs lay flat in each compartment.
- Heat to desired temperature in a microwave or on the stove top.
- Place disposable inner plastic cap on head.
- Fit Hair Therapy Wrap over plastic cap with tail part towards back.
- Then at the base of the neck, simply twist the fabric firmly for a snug, drip-proof fit. Use the hook and loop strip to secure tail on the top of the wrap.
Microwave Method for an 1100 watt microwave:
- Because microwaves vary in power, you will need to find the correct heating time for your microwave carefully
- Put the gel packs into the Hair Therapy Wrap provided and then put the assembled Hair Therapy Wrap laying flat into the microwave oven.
- Always heat the gel pack with the hair wrap provided together.
- Never heat the gel pack alone by itself.
- Heat the assembled Hair Therapy Wrap on high for 60 seconds (DO NOT EXCEED 60 SECONDS FOR ONE TIME HEATING).
- Let it stand for 30 seconds, if more heat is necessary, try a further 10-15 secondsand repeat this 10-15 seconds heating a few times until correct temperature is reached. NO LONGER THAN 90 SECONDS TOTAL HEATING TIME.
- For microwaves more or less than 1100 watts, you may adjust heating times byanother 10-15 seconds up or down. Please proceed with caution.
- Please be extra careful - the outside of the Hair Therapy Wrap may not feelhot, but the gel packs inside can be extremely hot.
- Record the total heating time for future use.
- Never apply the heated gel packs directly to the skin.
- Always heat the assembled Hair Therapy Wrap with the gel packs inside together.
- Do not eat the gel packs.
- Do not puncture the gel packs.
- Please dispose gel packs once broken.
- Used only as directed, keep out of reach of children.
Stove Top Heating:
- Bring 3 qts of water to a rolling boil.
- Remove gel packs from Heat Therapy Wrap and immerse only gel packs in heated water with kitchen tongs for no more than 5 minutes.
- Do not put the Heat Therapy Wrap in the boiling water.
- Remove gel packs from boiled water with kitchen tongs.
- Allow hot water to drain, let cool for one minute. If too hot, you may use cotton gloves to handle gel packs.